- Apply your mechanical abilities working for the largest dairy processor in Canada!
- Earn $34.77/hour plus shift differential and a comprehensive benefits package including excellent opportunities for career advancement.
Founded in 1954, Saputo is a family run organization that produces, markets, and distributes a wide array of dairy products of the utmost quality, including cheese, fluid milk, extended shelf-life milk and cream products, cultured products and dairy ingredients. Saputo is one of the top ten dairy processors in the world, the largest in Canada, the third largest in Argentina, and among the top three cheese producers in the United States. Saputo is traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:SAP), but is a family-run company.
Headquartered in Montreal, Saputo currently operates 53 plants throughout North America, Argentina, and Australia. For more information about the organization, please visit www.saputo.com
About the Opportunity
Saputo is seeking a Maintenance Electrician to join its Maintenance Team in Calgary, AB.
In this role, you will be responsible for the routine and preventive maintenance and troubleshooting for our manufacturing and building equipment.
Able to work independently with minimal supervision, your daily responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out preventive maintenance on assigned equipment;
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment in breakdown situations to ensure production efficiencies are achieved;
- PLC troubleshooting;
- Working with other groups, vendors and engineering as required to complete project assignments;
- Carrying out electrical installations; and
- Maintaining/ programming plant PLCs (if qualified to do so).
As our ideal candidate, you will have a Journeyman Electrician ticket with strong mechanical skills and a willingness to carry out general plant/equipment maintenance.
To be successful in this role, you will also need to have food industry or high speed packaging experience, excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills and a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
If you are dependable and have a good attendance and safety record along with availability to work shift work, holidays, weekends and be on-call, we want to speak with you today!
PLC training and experience would be an asset.
About the Benefits
With a staff of over 12,000 employees, Saputo knows the importance of recognizing talent and encouraging the professional development of each staff member. Saputo believes strongly in building from within and their recruitment objective are fixed on finding the right cultural fit. Their values are their people and therefore Saputo seeks like-minded individuals who want to share in their journey and truly develop a career with a growing organization.
To support their goal of building and retaining great staff, Saputo offers $34.77/hour plus shift differential plus a number of outstanding benefits including:
- Full benefit program including medical, dental and vision;
- Matching employee stock purchase (up to $3,500 a year) and pension plan;
- Vacation benefits after one year of continuous employment;
- Educational assistance through an educational reimbursement program;
- Opportunities for growth.
In addition, Saputo is committed to promoting a health lifestyle through wellness initiatives and is committed to giving back to the communities in which they work and live. You will also enjoy getting know your fellow workers through a number of social events such as summer BBQs.
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to expand your career with a growing organization, apply today!
Please apply online at: http://www.applyfirst.ca/job61041